Ron Watson of Positive Vibe dog training studio in western Michigan with Frisbee Foundations and Dog mantic Dog Training TV explains how to do vault, stall, and rebound discrimination dog training. First, add value to a barrel by using eye contact. When the dog goes to where the reinforcement happens, feed it treats. Then order the dog off the barrel. When the dog jumps up by its own volition, then you know the technique is working. Then, set a linear vault by saying, top, and tossing the treat past the barrel. The dog will jump over the barrel to get the treat. You can reward for position. Once the dog has the linear vault down, toss it a curve ball by asking it to stall. Call the stall and hold the dog on the top of the barrel with the treat. Build a contrast between the stall and the vault. The final piece of the puzzle is the reverse vault. Ask the dog on the top of the barrel and toss the treat away while saying, "Rebound."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades