Clicker train your pup to limp with this training video. This is a video on how to teach your dog to limp using the clicker training method.
The old school way of training this behavior was to grab your dogs paw, restraining it while you walk forwards, and continue to do this until your dog doesn't put down their foot. Another way I saw in a book was to have your dog on a lead with their choke chain on, and loop it around their foot, so in order for the pain to be released on their neck, they had to raise their paw.
So INSTEAD, using the clicker training method, I will show you how to get your dog to figure it out all on their own! Not only is training like this fun for you and your dog, it is both mentally challenging for you and your dog. I can bet you that if you attempt this trick your dog will be taking a LOOONNNGGG nap afterwards! Mental stimulation is just as good at tiring out a dog as physical stimulation.
Keep sessions very short (3 min) and fun, it should take quite a few sessions on each of the steps to get the final behavior down, unless you have a three legged dog.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades