Our dog has tons of energy and always wants to play. However, play time can be exhausting to the humans of the house. We found out a few months ago that the dog loves to play 'chase the red dot.' Boredom leads to creativity, so we attached a laser pointer to her head with a bandana and small piece of tape. This kept her continuously occupied until we removed it after 20 minutes. I assume you could try this with a cat if you were daring enough – good luck with that.
Caution: Laser pointers (even low wattage versions like this) can cause eye injury. Verify that the laser pointer will never shoot into the dogs eyes. In lieu of tape over the switch, a failsafe approach could be used where the switch latch is released if the laser pointer is moved from the original position. In addition, NEVER leave the dog unattended with laser pointer attached to the head. Adult supervision required.
- Laser pointer
- Head band or bandana
Attach laser pointer to dog. We used a bandana and a small piece of tape for extra support. I'm sure there are better ways than shown but this seemed to work for us. Another option would be make a contraption that holds it off the collar.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades