This video slide show tutorial gives a step-by-step guide to scissoring a poodle topknot.
1. After clipping the face against the grain with a close blade, the line is first scissored from the outside corner of the eye to the top of the base of the ear.
2. Scissor over the top of the ear and behind the ear to blend into the neck. Do not scissor across the back of the neck.
3. Comb over to one side and scissor the shape of the side of the topknot. Do NOT scissor straight up, but slightly rounded out.
4. Do the other side, hopefully to match.
5. Shape the top to the height you need to balance the length of muzzle.
6. Leave a beveled ledge over the eyes to give depth of expression. The fullness of the topknot relates to the length of the overall style, the frequency of grooming, and occasionally the owner's wishes.
7. Scissor the back of the head to flow into a long elegant neck line.
8. Looking down from the top, there's a nice oval shape.
Watch this instructional video and learn how to scissor the topknot of a poodle.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades