Learn how to train your dog leave treats and toys, and walk on a loose lead. The Head of Training at Battersea Dogs and Cat's Home, Ali Taylor, takes you through the technique. First, learn when and how to reward you dog. Rewarding your dog will encourage them to repeat the action, so make sure to reward them immediately so that they know what they are being rewarded for. Next, teach your dog self control by teaching your dog to hold back from a treat until you say "take it." More importantly, this will teach your dog not to jump on the table or counter to reach food and stop him from persistently begging as you eat dinner. Finally, train your dog to walk on a loose lead, staying by your side without being restricted by his leash, and walk without pulling. Make sure you are walking your dog and that your dog isn't walking you! It is your choice what side he walks on and how far ahead of you he can go.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades