This video explains how to train a Pit Bull terrier. Begin training at seven weeks, but formal obedience training should begin at 4 - 6 months. Be sure to use positive training methods that rely on praise and treats as motivators, rather than pain.
Use proper technique when training the pit bull terrier, as you would with any dog. Pit bulls are not dominant by nature and will respond with proper encouragement.
House train your pit bull terrier to be housebroken by taking him outside often. Wait 20 - 30 minutes after feeding the dog, then take him for a walk. After bringing the dog inside, wait a little, and then take him back outside to see if he needs to go again.
Say, "no" if the dog pees inside and immediately take him outside. Say "pee outside" and praise him when he does so.
Take your dogs for long walks. A well-exercised dog is a happy dog. Lots of exercise can reduce the possibility of annoying behaviors.
Train your pit bull to always heel when on the leash. Do this by not allowing it to pull you, and jerk the leash should the dog begin to walk in front of you, saying "Heel" firmly at the same time. Praise it when it obeys.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades