In this Pets & Animals video tutorial you will learn how to properly trim your dogs nails for their comfort. Materials that you will need are a high quality trimmer, nail file and styptic powder or pads. Begin by making yourself and your pet comfortable. Have the pet lay on the side so that all four legs are accessible. You will clip only that portion of the leg that extends beyond the quick, the blood vessel that runs down the nail. Start by clipping a thin slice of the nail and give him a treat to encourage him. Continue to make a series of thin clips at a 45 degree angle. If you accidentally cut the quick, apply styptic with gentle pressure. After clipping, file the nails to smoothen them. Properly clipped nails keep your pet, your family and your home safe.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades