Karen Lanoue-Lambrecht, CPDT, demonstrates how to properly housebreak a puppy to avoid accidents. Keep your dog on a leash when you bring it outside to go to the bathroom or else he'll get distracted and not know why you're out there. Look for two puddles and two piles to make sure your puppy has finished. Celebrate towards the end of his bathroom cycle with words like, "potty" or "business." Afterwards, give your dog a treat while saying the word. The cue word can clue the dog to eliminate in a specific area. Try to use the cue words with your dog on different surfaces outside so the dog isn't particular to going to the bathroom on just one surface. Give the puppy about 10 minutes while walking back and forth on a leash to do their business. If the puppy has not eliminated within 10 minutes, bring back inside, crate them for 15 minutes, and then bring back outside.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades