Pets America demonstrates how to perform CPR on a pet. First, lay the animal on the right side to bring the heart up. Bring the animal's left elbow back to the heart. Locate the pulse point. You can also feel the pulse on the pet's wrist or artery on the inside thigh. After locating the pulse, start CPR. Give the pet four quick breaths by having the head in line and tilting it back to open the airway. Close the lower jaw with your hands and hold the mouth shut. Bring your mouth down to the nose and breathe into it. Then, check the pet's pulse again and perform 15 compressions in 10 seconds. Give the pet one breath and add an abdominal squeeze to help circulate the blood back to the heart. Repeat the breath, compression and squeeze cycle as necessary.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades