This is a clicker training video on how to teach your dog to cross their paws. If you don't have a clicker you can always use some other noise maker like a clicking pen, or just a word like "yes!"
There are many ways to teach this behavior. Another being, holding out your hand and asking the dog to "Shake" and then whipping your hand away so that the dogs foot lands on top of the other foot. There is also another way, where the trainer can lure the dog to the left or right when they are in the down position and the dog will naturally cross their paws to reach the treat, which you can use your clicker to capture.
Some dogs are easier than others! Kiko with her match stick legs (who NEVER crosses her paws hardly ever) was a challenge!
Also pay attention to the way your dogs hips are laying. If they lay with their hips to one side, then it might be easier for them to cross their paws in one direction better than the other. If they are lying like a lion then they will be able to cross both ways with the same ease.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades