Sometimes as a pet owner it is difficult to keep your home clean and smelling fresh. In this Housekeeping how-to video the Dog Channel offers five tips to battle dog odor in your home. Follow these five tips and have your home smelling fresh.
1. Clean up your dog's accidents right away, and use an enzymatic cleaner or deodorizing product to eliminate any lingering scent.
2. Wash fabrics your dog encounters regularly and keep him clean. Make regular baths a part of your dog's routine, and remember to thoroughly dry him after each wash.
3. Sprinkle baking soda over your dog's favorite spot before you vacuum. Let the powder sit for five or 10 minutes then vacuum up. Baking soda is a natural odor eliminator that works well in dog homes.
4. Air fresheners, room or fabric sprays, and carpet powders you vacuum up can help combat that dog smell. Choose a light, fresh scent that's not too strong or overpowering. Also, air purifiers with HEPA filters diminish household odors and battle allergens like dog dander.
5. Let in a little fresh air. Open your home's windows and doors to replace stale air with fresh outdoor air. A fan can help blow odors from a recent accident out of your house.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: