Sometimes as a pet owner it is difficult to keep your home clean and smelling fresh. In this Housekeeping how-to video the Dog Channel offers five tips to battle dog odor in your home. Follow these five tips and have your home smelling fresh.
1. Clean up your dog's accidents right away, and use an enzymatic cleaner or deodorizing product to eliminate any lingering scent.
2. Wash fabrics your dog encounters regularly and keep him clean. Make regular baths a part of your dog's routine, and remember to thoroughly dry him after each wash.
3. Sprinkle baking soda over your dog's favorite spot before you vacuum. Let the powder sit for five or 10 minutes then vacuum up. Baking soda is a natural odor eliminator that works well in dog homes.
4. Air fresheners, room or fabric sprays, and carpet powders you vacuum up can help combat that dog smell. Choose a light, fresh scent that's not too strong or overpowering. Also, air purifiers with HEPA filters diminish household odors and battle allergens like dog dander.
5. Let in a little fresh air. Open your home's windows and doors to replace stale air with fresh outdoor air. A fan can help blow odors from a recent accident out of your house.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades